Man dies of medical condition after Invercargill house fire
Source: https://www.stuff.co.nz/news/113410184/-

2019-06-11 11:57:54

A man has died following a house fire in Invercargill.

A Fire and Emergency NZ spokesman said it was initially thought the death may have been due to smoke, but was later deemed to be a medical condition.

Emergency services were called to the fire in Venus St, in the Strathern suburb of Invercargill, about 8.10pm, due to the house's smoke alarm sounding, said the spokesman.

He said when fire crews arrived, members of the public were doing CPR on the man who lived in the house. The man later died.

When firefighters entered the house it was full of smoke and there was a pot on the stove that was cooking.

It was unclear how badly the house had been damaged.

Back to the top ^

Related Articles (30)